Although this is my blog, it’s not really about me.
Essentially, it’s an interior decoration blog, and for that reason I focus on posting informative, relevant content about just that; interior decoration.
This means there’s usually not a whole heap of personal stuff going on.
I know that for most of my visitors this is completely fine though I’m also aware there are some readers who like to know a bit more about the actual person behind the virtual voice.
So if, like me, you are inherently curious, here’s a long, unashamedly self-indulgent and completely unnecessary list of stuff you probably don’t care to know about me.
In no particular order….
1. I have green eyes. Well, actually, hazel, though green sounds much more glamorous.
2. I learned piano for six years when I was younger.
3. My middle name is Lee.
4. My first paid job was delivering local newspapers.
5. My husband is a primary school teacher.
6. I used to play state-league netball.
7. I worked at Target for two years when I was in high school.
8. My first car was a 1980′s sky blue Mitsubishi Sigma.
9. I love animals.
10. I love breakfast. It’s the best meal of the day.
11. I enjoy cooking and baking.
12. I’m not 100% certain, though I’m pretty sure I’m a reasonably ugly crier.
13. I love to dance.
14. I wish I could sing.
15. I have an older brother and a younger sister.
16. I am a middle child.
17. In my opinion brussel sprouts rock!
18. I suck at math.
19. I have never broken any bones (of my own or others).
20. I vacuum on average three times a week.
21. I have a minor fear of heights.
22. I can’t wink with my left eye.
23. I want to travel more.
24. I hardly ever wear jewellery (including my own wedding ring).
25. For a while I worked late nights in a bar.
26. I’m most comfortable in my pj’s.
27. I eat around half a kilo of baby spinach each week.
28. I am, at times, ridiculously practical.
29. I hate going to the hairdresser.
30. I am the world’s single worst mobile phone answerer.
31. I wish I better understood how cameras work.
32. I can’t concentrate on anything until the house is at least half tidy.
33. I’d like to make better friends with my sewing machine.
34. I get bored at the movies.
35. I am quiet. Not shy. Just quiet.
36. I was born in 1982.
37. I mentally re-decorate pretty much every room I walk into.
38. I could drink banana smoothies for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
39. I’m not a girly-girl though I do like lace, high heels and pink nail polish.
40. I’m not a tomboy though I do like footy, bourbon and powertools.
41. Fairy lights make me smile.
42. Sometimes I concentrate really hard on trying to move objects with my mind.
43. I’m an eternal optimist.
44. I am not into gossip.
45. I make an effort to stay fit and healthy.
46. I am a hopeless dishwasher stacker (or so I’ve been told – numerous times).
47. I’m a part-time perfectionist.
48. I am a chuck-er-outerer, not a hold-er-onerer.
49. I love surprises. Even if I know where you’ve hidden my present, I won’t peek.
50. I have lost my drivers licence (twice) for speeding. I’m now reformed – promise.
51. I did callisthenics when I was really little.
52. I am not a worrier.
53. I am a list writer.
54. Sometimes, when I start eating ice-cream I struggle to stop.
55. It really bothers me that I don’t have the time to execute all the ideas in my head.
56. I do not like conflict or confrontation.
57. I’m a hard worker.
58. I have a weird knack for organising cupboards.
59. I love the coziness of winter.
60. I love nearly everything about summer.
61. I can’t stand childish politics. Make that politics full stop.
62. I actually truly believe that one day I will pick the winning lotto numbers.
63. I rarely, if ever, drink tea or coffee. What a weirdo, huh?
64. One day I will go skydiving (maybe).
65. I’m not an early morning person, nor am I a night owl. What does that make me?
66. Sometimes I play golf. Very rarely nowadays.
67. I wish I had more of a green thumb.
68. I love the idea of getting in the car and just driving.
69. I adore hydrangeas.
70. Owls are awesome. Just sayin’.
71. I had a major crush on Leonardo Decaprio when I was fourteen.
72. I reckon a good cuddle can fix just about anything.
73. My ‘down-the-isle’ wedding song was ‘This Years Love’ by David Gray.
74. I wear my hair up nearly every day.
75. To me there’s just something special about sipping champagne.
76. I like running though don’t do it nearly often enough nowadays.
77. In my house there are no coasters, placemats or tablecloths.
78. I’m trusting.
79. I’m independent (usually).
80. Once I snorkelled with a shark. A harmless one, though a shark none the less.
81. I love Christmas time.
82. I hate making the bed though once it’s done I always think, “well, that was easy”.
83. One day I’d like to learn to speak another language. French, maybe?
84. I am terrible at remembering names.
85. In grade six I was school captain.
86. My favourite colour fluctuates though more often than not it’s a shade of blue.
87. I like the idea of reading intellectual books.
88. I struggle with the reality of reading intellectual books.
89. I’m not fussy with food, I’ll try just about anything.
90. I’m gentle and calm (99% of the time).
91. I love a good BBQ.
92. I know it’s a cliche, though I reckon being a Mum is the best thing ever.
93. I find the thought of public speaking kinda daunting.
94. Butterflies make me smile.
95. Sometimes I get way too excited about second-hand furniture.
96. I’m not good at asking for help.
97. Even with a husband who brings home lots of school yard germs, I rarely get sick.
98. I’m average in height.
99. At a restaurant I would choose a fruity dessert over a chocolatey one.
100. After high school, I started university. I went for exactly one day.
101. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.