Decorating with Bedclothes

Just cause you visit it in your PJ’s (or maybe even less!) there’s no reason your bed can’t be dressed to the nines. And when it comes to a beautifully styled bed there’s more than one way to skin a cat. From quilted, pleated or ruffled valances to plain-dyed, patterned or textured throws - and everything in between - there’s a heap of decisions to be made.

I think I’ve finally decided on the sort of pillow combo and blanket set-up I’m going for in my ‘new’ bedroom, and man, am I glad about that!

For anyone else seeking a bit of inspiration, check out some of these alternatives.

1. Rebekah says:

I recently changed the look of my bed with a thrifted duvet cover and Euro shams and, call me crazy, I am convinced that I actually sleep better now that it looks so pretty! :)

2. NanaDiana says:

My mind is whirling! I especially love those last three looks and there’s an all white one close to the top that is just dreamy and wonderful. Now…if I could only convince the old boy to paint his Ernest Hemingway bed white…..nah….ain’t gonna happen. I’ll just live vicariously through your eyes!>) Diana

3. michelle says:

I am in love with the third bed from the bottom!!! How beautiful and calm and beautiful is that bedroom!!!! :) The fireplace mantel is perfect for the headboard!

4. Oh my gosh Im loving all this inspiration. Im hoping to redo our master this fall or winter and make it a getaway for my husband and myself. Why is it always the last room to get done?

5. astrid says:

Good ideas, may be the way to style a bed is a little bit a question of time;-)
    Nice Weekend

6. I love the third one from the bottom, the bedspread is adorable…love it!

Rondell

7. Sarah B says:

I like the 2nd one the best – it looks so cosy!

8. Just gorgeous each and every one, lots of inspiration here. Thx so much for sharing.
    Donna xx

9. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the inspiration.
    Julie

10. Kerry says:

Some beautiful bedrooms here…makes me want to dive back into mine on this miserable cold and rainy day!

11. Olive Cooper says:

I like all the Country Living ones the best. olive♥

12. sherry says:

I could plop myself in any one of those beautiful bedrooms! Lots of inspiration.

Sherry

13. Beautiful photos, and I love your blog! Your home is gorgeous. I must visit more often…

Danielle

14. Tina says:

Oh my goodness Kristine! So much loveliness in one post:) I am hoping to finish our Isabella’s bedroom makeover this week, so these gorgeous pics have given me that kick of inspiration I needed to get it done – thank you. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend ~ Tina xx

15. All devine….but alas my husband as a thing about pillows and linen that has aby kind of embroidery, frill, ruffle etc…so I will just have to keep drooling at these pics, cheers Katherine

16. Hello Kristine (AKA: Miss Magic Power)
    They are all gorgeous bedrooms. I know I should clean up the house but here I am reading your blog (smile).

Julie xx

17. gina3 says:

Seeing the 11th picture down (from Country Living) made me have an epiphany. You have no idea how seeing that picture in this post has made such an impact. I’m about to post about it on my blog and will definitely credit your blog in my post. Thank you!!!!!!

18. Nutbird says:

The third photo is by Phoebe Howard, also known as Mrs Howard Personal Shopper. Ann