Client Consultation…Tiny Living Room Solution

Now, I don’t mean to sound immodest (truly ruly :-) though I consider interior spatial planning one of my design strengths and it certainly came in handy when I was contacted by Jana who was after some fresh inspiration for her teeny-tiny living room.

At around 10×10 feet/3×3 meters (and with three doorways plus two windows competing for precious wall space too) a clever layout solution was certainly called for.

Here’s the room before…

Jana wanted a fresh, comfortable space where her young family could hang out together, watch TV and relax.

I came up with three alternate floor plans for Jana and themed each one differently to give her a few style options. Though each style is paired with a particular floor plan in my renderings, obviously they can be adapted to suit any of the layouts.

Concept Plan 1
Concept Plan 2
Concept Plan 3

All very different though all very do-able!

And here’s part of Jana’s sweet response…

“First off, wow!! Thank you so much! We love your vision and the different ideas. So far we are loving Concept 2. We like the conversation area (furniture arrangement) and the different pieces. Concept 1 is nice too!
We can’t stop looking at them all and checking online for pieces that will work in the room.
Thank you for all your hard work as I know our space is a challenge. I can’t wait to get started! Thank you for making our space feel more like us!!
Greatly thankful,
Jana”

Do you need help with a room in your home? If you’re interested in a design consultation, please visit this page for some further information.

1. The Moerks says:

Great work Kristine. You have come up with 3 clever and stylish options.

2. You are so talented, Kristine!

3. These are great! So if I send you pics and measurements- you could do a layout for me? I mean, I know there is a fee, but I mean, do you have to be close to us or can you just do it long distance? I am serious cuz we are SO lost with this space. When i get my job I’d really like soemthing like this doen to show me some options and then i can go an get the stuff- just having an idea of a few good layouts would help ALOT!

4. Tatum says:

Wow, those are great! I’m sure it will look fabulous.

Have a great day!

manymomentsofme.blogspot.com

5. these designs are all great, but my heart skipped a beat at the last one- i love the design of it! love the textiles and colors involved in that plan. thanks for sharing!

6. Hi Kristine,

Wow! These are really fantastic.

I alwayts think you can tell a great deigner when they come up with something great for a hard room.

And THREE great designs?!!

Outstanding!

7. Wow, great job! Three fabulous ideas. I agree with Jana- the second look is the best! What program did you use for the plans?

8. Olive Cooper says:

So clever and design smart Kristine. Just shows one can float furniture in a small room. ♥olive

9. NanaDiana says:

Kristine~Great eye for pulling everything together. I think sometimes when you are IN the space, and living with its limitations, you are hard pressed to see the big picture. You have a great talent for that. Looks great- Diana

10. michelle says:

Those room concepts are great! Nice job with such a small room!

11. Stacey says:

Wooweee all three are great!

12. Jenny says:

Great solutions Kristine. My favourite is option 2. It feels more spacious with the breaks in the furniture. May I ask what software you use to put together these fabulous creations? ;-)

13. Michelle says:

Hi Kristine! Can you please tell me the name of the fabric that you’ve bought on spotlight? I want to buy one too! Thanks!

14. SHERRY HART says:

WOW….that was such a small space and you gave her some great solutions. You CAN pat yourself on the back!

15. Hi Kristine, A three floor plans are wonderful! This is a very hard room to design and you did a fabulous job.
    xo, Sherry

16. Katie says:

Hey Kristine,
    I love all three and think number 2 may be my favorite! Great ideas and you are so talented! :)

17. Laura says:

Now I don’t know for sure but I swear – my sister turned me on to your blog some time ago, and then I was looking at your blog today for some design inspiration – and I said out loud “this looks like (my brother and wife) Pat & Jana’s house” – and then you said it was for Jana?? I wonder!?!

Beautiful work, as always. Love it.

Laura (Rutherford) Luyt