An Industrial Edge

I love the depth, eclectic appeal and slightly masculine feel a piece of industrial furniture or decor can add to a space.
From antique timber filing cabinets to retro steel lockers, done right, an industrial hint can really make a room sing.

I could look at these images all day – except they give me such bad cravings I just have to get away from the computer and head straight down to all the local thriftstores and junkyards I can think of to hunt down some industrial goodness of my own!

1. Sarah B says:

Yes, I agree, I love the looks in these pics! Makes me want to go to the tip shop fr a browse…
    Look forward to seeing your industrial project :)

2. Tina says:

Oh wow, these are all gorgeous Kristine! I am with you, I could just stare at these images all day too!! I am on the lookout for some of those gorgeous wire locker baskets that I see on my favourite US blogs, not sure if we had them here in Australia? I can’t wait to see your industrial project Kristine. ~ Tina xx

3. judi says:

mmmhhhhmmm….love the metal… galvanized…rusty…black industrial…wrought iron
    ~judi ;)

4. Gorgeous pics Kristine! I agree I just want to rush out to try and find myself a similar piece! xx

5. I love vintage library drawers! Any kind will do. Thanks for dropping by Beach Vintage.

6. Amanda says:

Hi Kristine! I too agree that industrial pieces can add that certain touch to a room and add to the eclectic look. I love the third image. Thanks for stopping by my blog – yours is lovely and I look forward to more of your posts. Hope you have a great start to your week x

7. Ness Lockyer says:

I have just found a green industrial filing cabinet, but it is not a patch on any of these lovelies you have shown. The shelving ones are amazing!
    Ness xx

8. Anna says:

Agreed!! and a lovely balanced mix of metal and wood works a treat..fab post x

9. hey I am one of the converted, I’ve already done a post on my blog about my long term industrial obsession!
    alicia

10. Kerri says:

Yum! Love a little bit of industrial chic to jazz up the place. I am completely in love with that pic from House Beautiful – how gorgeous it it? Can’t wait to see more of your little project too.
    Kerri x

11. Sausha says:

cant wait to see your project! i love old junked up metal, makes my heart go all a flutter :)

Sausha @ {show & tell}

12. I love industrial, my dream would be to find an old library card catalog.

13. Really love the Industrial furniture. Its nice