How I Met My Hive

I passed by the then vacant block of land almost everyday, never really taking too much notice.
I absently recall a FOR SALE sign going up, a SOLD sticker being slapped on it, the slab being poured and bricks being layed.
I remember a young couple moving in. At the time, to me, they seemed much older.
They weren’t just a couple for long and soon enough had out-grown their first home.
This time around, almost twelve years on, I definitely noticed the FOR SALE sign go up.
My boyfriend and I were in the market and went along to the open house really just to peek.
How perfect for us though…needs some work of course…the price is right…
SOLD!!!

As a young pre-teen walking home from school everyday, I never could have imagined that one of the houses I passed each time would eventually be mine. It’s so strange to think back, knowing how attached and invested we are now, that I barely even gave my sweet little hive a second glance.

Sometimes at night, Luke leans over and whispers: “I really love our house”. And although we still have a ways to go, it always makes me smile.

1. What a great story. Who knew you would live in the neighborhood where you grew up???

2. That is so cool! I wish i had a story about that but we moved every year because my dad was a builder so there was never a house in the neighborhood that i was attached to.

3. Sandra says:

What a cute story, heading down the happy ending road.

4. What a cute story! Thanks for sharing!

5. Jenny says:

What a cool story!

6. What a great story and I’m so glad that I found your wonderful blog! Your home is lovely!

Kat :)

7. Norma says:

Nice story :) And so great that the two of you love your house so.

8. Lori says:

Ok, the retro bar stools on the right are the greatest! I love the number thing going on right now.

9. Great story, I love reading about peoples homes, looks like this might be a fun party to join!!
    Alicia

10. Becky K. says:

Very fun. So happy you are both thrilled with your home.

Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

11. Lisa says:

I love that story. You really have a history with this house.

12. What a lovely story! I can’t wait for me and my boyfriend to buy our first place : ) You just never know where it will be!

Gemma x

13. Petie says:

Great home and great story! I love all the textural accessories in your vignettes.

14. What a sweet story! That’s so strange that you ended up in a house that you passed a million times growing up. Isn’t it funny how life works?! Thanks so much for linking to my party!

15. You have a beautiful home and great tastes!

16. Sarita says:

That is such a sweet story! How neat to have watched your house being build from the ground up :-)
    -Sarah Marie aka Miss Mud

17. Dawn says:

Oh I am so loving your blog! The more I stop by the more I look forward to the next post!
    Thank you for all you share with us!!

18. Ali says:

That is such a neat story! I just love your blog, thanks so much for stopping by the other day and for your sweet comment. So glad you did! =)

19. Cass says:

This is such a fun story; I’m glad I had the opportunity to read it thanks to the party link. I just saw the link for the cool bar stools and they are pulling me in!

20. Hey Kristine,
    The camera I used for the pictures of the flowers was this one http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=fujifil+cameras&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=18014312333538721841&ei=fJvSS5fsHZn40wSX-Z3cDQ&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers.

It is my boyfriends camera…I try to use it A LOT as it does great close up shots. Otherwise I use my own crappy digital camera lol. Hope this has answered your question!

Gemma X

21. jayayceeblog says:

What a great story and how nice that you are still in the neighborhood you grew up in. Kind of that happy circle of life thing! Your retro bar stools are awesome!