Master Bedroom…Some Progress

Did you think I’d forgotten all about my bedroom make-over?

Nah, course not, truth is, I’ve just been super busy.

Between furniture refurbs, design consultations, my real full-time job, writing this blog (and checking out everyone else’s), housekeeping (etc, etc, blah, blah, blah) and this little thing called a ‘life’ – which apparently requires you attend weddings and catch-up with family and friends every once in a while (really, how totally inconvenient :-), I haven’t been left with too much spare time.

I have however managed to make some progress in the bedroom.

I made a quick trip to IKEA for this…

…and these…

Helped with the installation of this…

Researched how best to re-create a giant one of these…

And started sprucing up some of my second-hand furniture finds.

So it’s slowly getting there.

I still need to source new bedding, get more window treatment stuff, finish snazzying up the furniture, find some thrifty decor, create some thrifty decor and so on and so forth.

I really can’t wait to get it done and share it with you guys already!

1. Sourkraut says:

Way to tease us! I hope you share your tips on, well, everything but specifically on how you were able to do a bargain version of that beautiful map.

2. Meg says:

what did you come up with for the map? they are priced out of this world but oh…. wall love.

3. Abby says:

And I can’t wait to see it!

4. Krystin says:

Just found your blog and love it. I’m also in the middle of a master bedroom…err…every room makeover. It’s ongoing. So, I’m right there with you. Can’t wait to see the final product!

5. Tina says:

All of these things are looking fabulous Kristine! I can’t wait to see the big reveal :) Happy weekend ~ Tina xx

6. Patrice says:

Hi Kristine – I would love to know what you came up with for the map as well. Did you see the one in restoration hardware? It’s amazing……keep us looped on this one….good luck can’t wait to see it!

7. lookin’ good! -denise

8. It looks like you’re coming along! Half the battle is actually deciding what you want. I can’t wait to see what you do to all that furniture and the end result of your bedroom! :)

9. Shaunna says:

It’s looking soooo dreamy and right up my alley. Can’t wait to see it!

10. It’s going to look great – and if you pull it off in a week, I’ll be totally jealous!

11. kathie says:

Awesome! I can’t wait to see! I’d love it if you’d share your resources for enlarging images like the map you showed in this post~ I know it is going to look fabulous.

12. Adelle says:

Yes, please share how you are going to enlarge that map! I have been drooling at the same one on Restoration Hardware for a long time!

13. looks like some nice textiles being added! and that map looks amazing. i can’t wait to see what you have done with all the furniture, of course! :)

14. I love the map! I am looking forward to the transformation, after your last master piece. You are inspiring me to become handy.
    Liz

15. Love the sneak peeks, Kristine! I also love the map and found one at The Graphics Fairy that I thought I might use to get that same Paris Map you are showing.

16. Courtney says:

I can totally see your vision. It’s going to look awesome.

17. Amy Kinser says:

Can’t wait to see it.

18. Jenny says:

Hi Kristine, I love that rug from IKEA and it is on my list to get hold of in the near future too. Did you have any luck hearing back about that map? Sounds like your room is starting to come together and I look forward to seeing it very soon…. ;-)

19. Kerry says:

And I really can’t wait to see it! I’m intrigued by how you’ll go about doing the Paris map:)

20. Hiya!

I’m really exicted to see what you’ve done with the room. I’m going to start doing my bedroom up soon and would love to use yours as an inspiration!!!

Love Gemma x

21. Mirela says:

cant wait to see it!!…its looking awesome already,have a great weekend xx

22. It all looks exciting Kristine..Love those ikea rugs. Look forward to the finale’!
    Cheers Rebecca

23. Can’t wait to see what you do with all these lovlies! Michelle

24. Anonymous says:

I can’t wait to see either. I know what you mean about finding the time though!
    Kelly

25. Sarah B says:

Can’t wait to see it! I know it will be just amazing!!

26. baby crib says:

All items that you post are beautiful but what really attracts me was the ceiling fun. It is so gorgeous and the color is so perfect for my new renovated dining room.

27. Love what you will be doing and can’t wait to see the bedroom all done!

Rondell