It’s a Boy!

Baby Riley

Riley John Franklin arrived safely on the 24 March 2013 at 7.05pm weighing 7.7lbs (3.5kgs).

He is absolutely perfect in every way (‘course I do have to think that though, don’t I?).

I’ll spare you all the birth story (for nows, anyway :-) except to say that it was a 21 hour labour which all started with a coughing fit, followed by a minor non-related car accident, and, despite some challenges, concluded with a successful VBAC┬ádelivery!

Thank you soooo much to everyone for all the well wishes (and, in advance, thanks also for your patience during my momentary blog lull whilst I enjoy some family time).

1. Erika says:

Congratulations. He’s absolutely gorgeous.

2. Jenny@simcoestreet says:

Congratulations!! I hope you and the family are doing wonderfully. He is so gorgeous!

Jenny

3. Beautiful!

4. Congratulations Kristine! Oh my goodness Riley is absolutely gorgeous and how wonderful that you managed a VBAC, and you’re blogging already! I found your site recently and love it to bits. Steph x

• Thanx so much Steph :-)
      By coincidence I just e-visited you this morning so it was funny to check my emails and see you had commented here too!
      Congrats on your nominations for both the Kidspot Voice and the Best Australian Blog 2013 awards. Good luck!

5. kim says:

Kristine, congratulations. He is gorgeous!

6. What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations!

I am here from Southern Hospitality Feature Friday. What a treat to see your gorgeous home and amazing photography.

• Thanks Pat. So glad to have you visiting from Rhoda’s fab blog :-)

7. Lynne Neal says:

What a huge blessing children are! Congratulation on the safe arrival of your gorgeous lad!
    Lynne Neal
    Seale, Alabama
    The Deep South

• Thanks so much Lynne. Children are precious, aren’t they?
      xoxo

8. Rani says:

Congrats Kristine! Riley is just adorable and perfect! (Sorry I’m late in writing to you, I was overseas.) Lovely pictures of Riley! God Bless your lovely family! xx

• Hey Rani
      Thanks so much :-)
      I did read that you had to make an emergency trip OS. I’m glad to hear that your father-in-law is doing much better now though.
      Love your road-side crate and am looking forward to seeing your living room reveal!

9. Della says:

Your baby boy is beautiful and I had to leave a comment because my baby boy (well, not so much – he’s 19 now :-) is named John Reily. Best of luck to you and your family.

• Thanks Della. They are lovely names which go so well together…which ever order they’re in!