The Design Cookbook

A little while ago, I was pleasantly surprised to be contacted by Kelly Edwards, who wanted to include two of my projects in her new publication, The Design Cookbook!

The Design Cookbook

My Hacked IKEA Drawers and Baking Canister Labels are both featured in this design guidebook which includes an array of inspirational DIY ‘recipes’.

It’s still always a big treat to see my projects on paper.

PS Just a little note to say I hope these ‘Press’ related posts don’t come across sounding too conceited. I generally publish them, not to brag or seek congratulations, though as a means of documenting the places my projects have been featured :-)

1. Meg says:

brag! we have a right to be proud of our accomplishments especially on the blog we publish and take great care in working on. congratulations!

2. melaine says:

Oh you are so stuck up! Ha, just kidding! Are you serious!? I am not surprised at all! I have been wanting to re create that ikea hack for a while now! You are awesome, that’s all I have to say! Good job! You go girl!

3. Lisa Weber says:

Congratulations! You should be very proud of these accomplishments. Way to go! I get soooo many compliments on my kitchen baking canisters with the awesome labels I got from you. You made ME look GOOD! So thanks again for that & thanks for inspiring me.

• Thanks so much Lisa. I’m lovin’ that my labels have made their way into so many people’s kitchens, and that something as simple as a typographic decal can put smiles on faces!

4. Jeanene says:

Congratulations! I love hearing about these accomplishments. Good for you!

5. Nana Diana says:

CONGRATULATIONS! I am proud of you and what fun for you! xo Diana

6. Julie says:

You deserve to brag; your work is awesome. I really like that you don’t feel the need to post every day but every post is so worthwhile. You are an inspiration.

• Julie, that is so sweet of you. And you’re right, I certainly don’t feel the need to post daily…I’m lucky if I publish one post each fourteen days at the moment! Oh well, I’m working on it :-)

7. Sandy says:

Yay! You! Sweetie pie enough about being conceited already!!!! You are any thing but! (Enough exclamations marks to get the point across? Huh! huh!! huh!!! You are so talented and deserve to have your ideas put into a book, be proud! we are for you. :)

• Thank you so much Sandy. I swear, my readers are just the bestest!!!!

8. Bec says:

You should be bragging! Congrats & love your blog.

9. Kathy says:

AWESOME……you should be so thrilled and sing it to the rooftops…They are both wonderful projects and it inspires other (remember I bought the ikea drawers – still waiting for my DIY project) as a result of reading your post. You should be so thrilled and excited. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

10. Pat says:

I think you should ‘brag’! And, be proud of yourself and your accomplishments, and share them here, with us! Congratulations!!

11. Sue Holland says:

Congratulations, you should brag, be very loud and proud of your achievements.
    I look forward to reading new stories on your blog.
    Regards, Sue Holand