Free Printable Large-Scale Farmhouse Quote Art!

UPDATE
You can now also order your very own CUSTOM quote art sign here!

Did you guys think I’d forgotten about these?

Dictionary Quote Art Free Printables

‘Course not!

On the contrary, I’ve actually been working away (granted, in my “sloth/snail fusion” kinda manner) on this new round of free printable quote art since I published my original post.

And now I’m super excited to finally share them!

I stepped a little sideways with these dictionary inspired signs which give a nod to the canister labels I designed back in 2012!

Farmhouse Free Printable Over-Size Dictionary Definition Quote Art

I ummed and ahhed for ages over whether I could pull these off. They are a little more quirky and unusual than the book page style quotes. They were also much more difficult to come up with! Do you know how hard it is to try to capture the essence of a quote using a single word?

I first researched the context and implied meaning of each quote (where possible) then tried to choose the “prettiest” synonym of the most appropriate word. Of course, quote meanings can be very personal, subjective and even ambiguous so I did need to take some liberty with my interpretations. I’m sure some of you might have chosen very different words though I hope what I came up with resonates for the most part.

In this bundle I’m offering 18 free printables in total. Yes, people…18!

There are three different quotes available in three different colourways (chalkboard, sepia and off-white) AND in both landscape and portrait orientations!

Amazing Over-Size Free Printable Farmhouse Quote Art!

FREE Printable Farmhouse Signs

Amazing Over-Size FREE Printable Farmhouse Quote Art!

As per my book page quotes, these are all excellent quality, high resolution, large-scale images designed to fit standard large (60cm x 90cm/24″ x 36″) poster frames. For your convenience, I’m also offering them in both PDF and JPG formats.

Free Farmhouse Quote Printables Download

Some of these quotes were selected from those shared in the comments section of my original post – thanks so much to everyone who took the time to divulge their favourite quote! I’ll keep referring back as I create fresh quote art so if your suggestion wasn’t featured this time around it may still be used in future designs.

If you have a quote you’d like to see featured, please share it in the comments below.

Farmhouse Free Printable Over-Size Dictionary Definition Quote Art

I hope they bring your walls joy!

For further information about printing or framing these images please refer to my original post. And, as always, if you have trouble or are unsure of anything, feel free to ask.

If you’d like to save this project for later, please feel free to pin the below image.

18 Large-Scale FREE Printable Quote Signs!

Free for personal, non-commercial use only.
Reproduction, republication or redistribution in any form is forbidden.

1. Bec says:

Absolutely love these, thank you for making them available.

2. Deb from Maryland says:

Love, love, love all your printables! They are continually spot on. Thank you. :)

3. SHAR says:

Your work is absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for your generosity!

4. Jolene says:

I love these, too. Thank you for making them available. Words inspire me.

5. Karen says:

These are all incredible!! I love them all! I agree with Shar…you are so generous for offering these to us!! Here is one quote I dearly love. I have it in an enormous wall quote at home but would love to see it done like this. It goes: “A man lives but one life, a man who reads lives a 1,000.” I have no idea who said it but it’s one of my favorites!

• Thanks Karen. What word would you put with this one? Vicarious? Imagined? Maybe even Knowledge or Power? Will have to think more about it!

• Ooh, just thought that Footsteps might be cool!

• Cindy in Oklahoma says:

How about Adventure?

6. Leslie McCarthy says:

Love the quotes you picked! I’ve been looking for a large piece for my living room…I just found it! I love the unconditional quote…beautiful Thank you so much.

7. Laura says:

Thank you so much for sharing! I can’t wait to incorporate them into my home!

8. Linda Weeks says:

I appreciate how much work it was for you to make these available to us, thank you! Wonderful selection of quotes, particularly the Margaret Wise Brown, love it!

9. Kristine thanks for sharing, you did great job. I just love it my fave is devotion.I am following you from Slovakia , all the best,Erika

• Thanks Erika. It’s so lovely to have blog friends from all over the world.

10. Melinda says:

The Margaret Wise Brown quote is particularly special and timely what with Mother’s Day fast approaching! Your work is quite beautiful and very special ~ thank you for sharing and for being so generous with your talent.

• Yes, you’re right, I didn’t even think about Mother’s Day when I chose that one! Thanks Melinda :)

11. Jane says:

Well done Kristine! Love them! Thanks so much for making them available. Looking forward to framing a few of these to use in my home. We are collecting pallet wood for that purpose!

12. Michelle says:

Thank you for these quotes. Just wondering were you sourced the beautiful frames from?

13. Beautiful Kristine! How generous of you. Love your work, as always.

14. Bee says:

So beautiful – love them!

15. Every time i come to your blog i see something new, interesting, amazing and unique and that is why i bound to come to your blog. Now the ideas you have presented here are truly awesome. The painting is giving an amazing feel and looking very vintage. I am just loving the collection.

16. Janel says:

These are so wonderful!! Oh my!🤗 I know everyone has said it, but I must say it again, this is so generous of you to share! You are truly an artist. And, I literally cried when reading the Runaway Bunny quote! I read that book to all 4 of my children when they were young, and have not thought of it for years, oh where has the time gone. 😌❤️ What great memories! Thanks for sharing all your talent and creativity! Can’t wait to make one!

• Aw, so sweet Janel. You’re welcome and I’m glad you like them :)

17. beverlee says:

I am so in love with these! But, I can’t get them to download. I don’t have Chrome or cloud. Is there another way? thank you!

• beverlee says:

tried to delete the above…figured it out. thank you, love them. I am a little fussy about what goes on my wall, and these are going there!!!

18. Kelley says:

Oohhhhh…. I’m in love! Thanks so much for doing these, Kristine. I always love your work.

19. Cecilia says:

These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

20. Furntastic says:

Your work is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and making them available. Loved all your printables.

21. Wow…. the quote arts are amazing. These quote arts are very inspirational and motivational. I am definitely gonna try these on my home decoration. Thanks for sharing a new idea to including in my home decor.

22. kim says:

Thank you for these! I love them! Are you willing to share the fonts you used? Whatever you chose, you chose perfect fonts, as well, which make the print so authentic.

• Sure Kim. The font is “1820 Modern” which is a premium (paid) font though you can find similar free ones if you search for “Fells Type” fonts.

• Kim says:

Thanks, Kristine. I cannot choose from what you have made . I see now that you are offering custom creations. You’ve got me obsessing about tbis, trying to think up new dictionary stuled book passages. I’ve got one for “Radiant”, if you want to use it!

• Kim says:

Sorry for typos! Once I decide, I’m goi g to ask you to make them for me!

• Thanks for your comment and email Kim. Yes, I love the “radiant” suggestion! Next time I create a new set in this dictionary style I will be sure to include it :)

23. Thank you for sharing your printable inspirational quotes with us at Vintage Charm. They are truely beautiful.

24. karen says:

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.- Dr. Suess

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
    Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
    Promise me that you’ll give faith a fighting chance
    And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.”

—Eric Roth

“Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
    – The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams

25. These are awesome! Great idea and design. Visiting from Vintage Charm party.

26. Lynley says:

Hello there. My husband is a bee keeper and I just love the name of your blog!! You are so inspiring.
    Have you considered using bible verses? There are many little nuggets of wisdom in the book of proverbs such as “By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established. Through knowledge it’s rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. Proverbs 24v3-4 NLT. You could look at different translations of the same verse, but there are many beautiful quotes in Proverbs. Your home is gorgeous and I can see it’s a real labour of love!

• Hi Lynley
      Thanks so much.
      Yes, I have read some very poetic Bible verses which carry lovely messages however as I’m personally not religious I’m not sure whether sharing them is the right thing to do. What do you think?

27. These are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for being so generous and sharing them with us!

28. Lynley says:

I appreciate your thoughts Kristine. I am a Christian and would personally have no problem with you sharing some quotes. They are meant to be shared and your work would showcase them beautifully.

29. I’ve recently discovered your sight and absolutely love what you do!! What a talent you have! Reading the comments above, I would love it if you would post some bible verse quotes as well. :)

• Thanks Heather. Glad you’re enjoying my blog. I’ll have a think about it :)

30. karen says:

can you make the Attitude one from Charles Swindol?? I adore it and would love it in my bathroom.

31. Yana Johns says:

Hey I would really like a certain quote print out. Would you be able to do that?
    Thank you in advance.

32. Kim Parsons says:

Thank you so much! I am doing the unconditional, devotion, and the Antoine de Saint-Exupery ones on my living room wall. I’ve been staring at that wall for a long time wondering what to do.

• Oh yay! I hope you love the finished look. Feel free to send me a pic (thepaintedhive@gmail.com). I’d love to see :)

33. Melinda says:

I love everything that you have shared. I fell in love with book quotes about a year ago when I saw them in a shop at downtown Disney. My favorite being The Velveteen Rabbit. After seeing the price I decided I could DIY and I did but I used my silhouette for the cutting and did a 24×36 put it on a mat board from Hobby Lobby and it is one of my faves in my home. Thank you for the quotes you have shared.

• Hi Melinda
      Yes, that’s a great option too if you have a vinyl cutter (I need to get me one of those!). I love the Velveteen Rabbit one too and have actually already created a few printables using that quote which I hope to share soon.

34. Sue says:

Made my heart skip a bit!
    Oh how I hope I can follow your wonderful directions; am TOTAL novice at this.

This may be a geographical saying but here goes,
    I love you
    a bushel and a peck
    A bushel and a peck
    And a hug around the neck.

Another;
    He counts the stars
    And calls them by name.
    Psalm 147:4

• Lovely suggestions Sue. Let me know if you have trouble…am happy to help :)

35. Bettsi says:

I love this! Thank you so much, Kristine! The Devotion print really speaks to me- I’m a sucker for children’s lit. Thank you, thank you! Oh, do you know the Roald Dahl quote? “If you think good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” That’s a great one. There is also the piece from Proverbs which ties in so well with your blog name: “Gracious words are like a honeycomb- sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” Anyway, I enjoy your blog so much. Your projects are delightful!

• Yes, that Roald Dahl one is super sweet and seems quite popular. I will probably incorporate it in one of my future releases. So glad you like them!

36. vanessa says:

I love these? How do you get them do you order or print them yourself ?

• Hi Vanessa
      These are available as FREE digital downloads designed to be printed and framed yourself. There is some info about printing and framing in my blog post. They are all sized to fit standard poster frames :)
      If you’re after something custom I do offer tailored printables which can be purchased through my shop here.
      Cheers