The Painted Hive Christmas Tree

Is it already a little too late in the season to finally share my Christmas tree?

Truth is, I’ve actually had it up since the first weekend in December (truly-ruly I have!) though with my ‘real’ job being in the events industry things can get a tad busy this time of year so sadly my blog’s been on patient pause.

I love Christmas time. Whether for reasons of nostalgia or the promise of new beginnings, to me there’s just something magical about it.

In the evenings, when dusk begins to creep around the corner, I switch on the tree lights and sit content in the semi-darkness, wrapping gifts as old-fashioned carols hum in my ears (yes, I am truly that dorky). And whilst it hasn’t yet eventuated, I’m certain my romantic notion of sipping mulled wine or brandy-laced eggnog will come to fruition one day too!

We bought our dodgy faux tree the first year we moved into our house about a week before Christmas on clearance from the local supermarket for $10, so needless to say, it’s not the grandest of specimens.

This year I used some snowy green garlands to bulk up its central sparseness then smothered it in baubles, silver stars, sparkly snowflakes and pretty lilies to create a glittering ‘White Christmas’ of sorts for our hot Aussie summer.

And yes, the few pressies currently under it are actually real!

1. inday_adin says:

This is just simple and elegant! I want our Christmas tree to look like this next year. Hehehe… :) I just love it! Thanks for sharing!

Adin B

2. It looks great. Love all the white.

3. the lilies are a unique and unexpected addition! love it!

one week to go!
    xoxo

4. Kyandra says:

I love your tree… so beautiful. I’m a little dorky just like you as I also like to turn off the lights and wrap pressies by the flickering light of the tree…with a wine and those carols playing…X

5. Shaunna says:

Gorgeous, Kristine! And, no, it’s not too late!! :) shaunna

6. Sarah B says:

It looks very beautiful Kris, especially with the lillies :)

7. What a beautiful tree – love the addition of the lilies. Michelle

8. Kerry says:

Looks fabulous Kris. I’m not putting mine up this year with having the house painted and all, but next year…!!

9. Your tree looks so elegant and beautiful. We always used to hang beads on our tree growing up. Merry Xmas! Sonia :)

10. Many have shown already their Christmas trees. But your tree is my favorite. Elegant – nostalgic – white and silver – perfect and charming!

Hugs

Tine

11. Mirela says:

your tree is so pretty i LOVE it …hope you have a wonderful Christmas and sensational new year Kristine Luv melli xx

12. Jo says:

It’s never too late for a little loveliness. You tree is beautiful ~ the flowers are a fabulous touch.

Jo

13. SHERRY HART says:

True to your style…..I love it!
    Merry Christmas!

14. Beautiful tree and beautiful wrapped packages!

15. michelle says:

Just beautiful!! I love the lilies that you placed within the tree!!!

I hope that you have a wonderful week an Merry Christmas to you and yours!

16. Alyssa says:

So pretty and those lilies are beautiful! What a great idea!!! Happy Christmas! ;)Alyssa of Boston Bee

17. What a pretty tree! I love how you incorporated different types of “ornaments” adds a lot of interest. I also love your simply wrapped gifts!

18. your tree is very pretty Kristine and yes, I am a total sucker for Christmas carols too. I have had them playing on my ipod dock since November – a tad sad don’t you think lol!
    Donna xx

19. Nope – not too late, Kristine! We’ve all been waiting patiently to see it! lol! It’s just beautiful. I love the addition of the white lilies. Very elegant! Next year I’m definitely going to wrap my presents in kraft paper. Love it! :) Merry Christmastide to you!

xoxo laurie

20. Darlene says:

I was wondering if the lilies are real?
    hmmm. if so, I bet the smell is amazing!

21. looks beautiful!! i never turn my tree off.. even during the day! now i feel weird!

22. Karena says:

Kristine it is truly beautiful!!

Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

Joyeaux Noel!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

23. Pamela says:

The silver and white are beautiful. So elegant. Are the pressies still there? :-)

24. It looks soooo good! :)

25. Sarah says:

where are you? it’s been almost a month! we miss you!