Baking Canister Labels Free PSD File!

Free PSD Baking Canister Labels

I never could have guessed the amount of interest my little canister labels project (posted back in February) would generate. I have been happily inundated with comments and questions ever since!

One stand-out request has been for me to share the original PSD (Photoshop Data File). For those of you who don’t know what the heck that is, you probably don’t have Photoshop, so unfortunately it won’t be much good to you anyways, though if, like me, your brain likes to know stuff, you can read more about PSD files here. Basically, it’s a freely editable version of my labels.

Well, I’m pleased to announce that you’ve all finally worn me down :-) So for everyone lucky enough to have Photoshop you can now download my baking canister labels in PSD format for FREE below! If you’re not fortunate enough to have Photoshop you can also download the printable PDF version below. Oh, and if you happened to miss my original tutorial for applying the labels you can view that here.

The downloadable zip file comprises two documents; one for CS users (which contains neat folders of grouped layers) and one for Elements users (which contains a gazillion layers though is folder free, thus compatible).

Because I’m a big computer nerd now, I decided to do some research on PSD’s for the purpose of this post, and aren’t all you Elements users glad I’m such a geek? Otherwise, I never would have discovered that Elements doesn’t support layers grouped in folders and I never would have created a special folder-free document just for you – you can hug me later :-)

To conserve my labels in their original form, ensure you have installed all three free fonts listed below.

Have fun!

AT A GLANCE
CREDITS – FONTS
Mrs Eaves Bold
Courier New
Another Typewriter
FREE DOWNLOAD!
Baking canister labels PSD. Click here to download.
Baking canister labels PDF. Click here to download.
PROJECTS
Original Canister Labels Post

Free for personal use only.
Republication, reproduction or redistribution in any form is forbidden.

1. Rosie Goins says:

Thank you so much. It is so funny that you would post this today since just yesterday I was thinking how great it would be to have the PSD files on these.

2. Alicia says:

Thank you!!

3. Mary says:

Ok, I’m not smart enought to be a geek or a nerd, so please tell me if I uploaded the file, could I just print them out for use or do I have to have photoshop to make it work?
    Thanks!

4. AWESOME!! These are really great. Worked perfectly on my Elements program! Thank you!! I can’t wait to label up some jars.

• The Painted Hive says:

Thanks for letting me know it’s all working fine Amy. Have fun!

5. Andrea says:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! These labels are GORGEOUS!!!!!!
    Can you tell us what type of labels do you use to print these out??
    A million thanks once again!!!! :)

6. Thanks for these little lovelies!!

xo

Kit

7. Mette says:

Hi there! Just found your blog via surfing arround at Pinterest. Love that you do a lot of DIY. Pop by my blog as well as I am also very much in to DIY if you have the time.

Take care!

8. Catherine says:

Hi Kristine,

Thank you for posting this project. I love it. For the past few months I pondered purchasing a plastic canister set from Macy’s but found myself resistant. Now I know why. This project is just right for my pantry. I have ordered 22 jars ( from CHEFS and crate and barrel), made my labels, and re-read your instructions over and over. Leading up to a question.
    My concern is that when I place the glass jars in the oven they will shatter. Did you take any steps to prevent this? I noticed on the IKEA site they posted this instruction:

Care instructions
    If you want to sterilize the jar with hot water, preheat the jar first with warm tap water. This prevents the glass from cracking.

Did you experience any problems during the baking stage that lead to breakage or cracking?
    Are there any preparatory steps to take?

Best.
    Kit

• The Painted Hive says:

Hi Kit
      I had no problems at all with the baking process and took no preparatory steps. The jars were only in a moderately hot oven for a few minutes. I haven’t heard from anyone else who has had a problem with this step either.
      Good luck :-)